Wake County Economic Development
Economic Development Manager
Wake County Economic Development
Wake County Economic Development (WCED) is the primary economic development organization for Wake County, providing economic development support for its 12 municipalities and the Research Triangle Park. As a program of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, the organization proactively creates an environment in which Wake County can grow and thrive, resulting in new jobs and capital investment. WCED accomplishes its mission through business recruitment, retention and expansion; marketing and public relations; talent recruitment and retention; and support of entrepreneurship.
Method of Selection
The Economic Development Manager is selected by the Wake County Economic Development Assistant Executive Director.
Nature and Extent of Job Responsibilities
The Economic Development Manager is part of Wake County Economic Development’s Business Recruitment and Expansion (BRE) Team. The position will have responsibilities in 3 key areas. 1.) Managing economic development projects considering Wake County throughout the decision making process. 2.) Supporting Wake County’s target sectors including leading the Advanced Manufacturing, life science and defense clusters. 3.) Supporting other Wake County strategic initiatives including targeted existing industry plan and municipal engagement strategy
Manage economic development projects:
- Manage complex economic development projects throughout the decision making process.
- Assist companies and site location consultants considering Wake County as a location.
- Coordinate the site location search process with local, regional, and state economic development partners including private sector partners.
- Track active projects and prospect inquiries from companies, brokers and consultants.
- Support the Research Manager and project management team in completing RFPs, RFIs, and inquiries.
Target cluster initiatives:
- Manage the growth and development of the Advanced Manufacturing cluster including development of digital and print collateral and maintenance of Advanced Manufacturing committee.
- Manage the growth and development of the Defense cluster including marketing and targeted initiatives.
- Lead and / or support life science cluster activities.
Support Existing Industries + Communities
- Support the expansion and growth of existing industry through company visits and participation in industry events.
- Monitor municipal engagement and create associated strategy.
- Attend local and national trade show events to market Wake County as a preferred business location.
Core competencies and preferred experience include: Experience in economic development, project management, commercial real estate, business development and/or marketing; Strong skills and demonstrated experience in project management and community engagement; Outstanding communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with multiple partners, adaptable to a fast paced environment, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Marketing, or related field.
The Economic Development Manager reports to the Assistant Executive Director and ultimately to the Executive Director.
How to apply
Email resume and a cover letter to Ashley Cagle email@example.com.