Wake County Economic Development (WCED), the City of Raleigh and the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau (GRCVB) are collaborating to showcase Raleigh as a top hub for innovation and creativity at SXSW 2017. As part of this initiative, the organizations and local partners have submitted applications for community leaders to speak as panelists at SXSW.
The way panelists are selected is through a crowd-sourced platform that enables the community to have a voice in the programming selected for SXSW 2017. Community crowd-sourcing makes up 30% of the selection process. Voting is open now and closes September 2. Help us showcase Raleigh and the Region as a top innovation hub by voting for the panelists using the hyperlinks below, and spreading the word on social media (sample tweets below).
Panels and Sample Tweets:
- Help promote #Raleigh as an innovation & creativity hub at #SXSW by voting for local leaders to speak #PanelPicker http://ow.ly/YiMd3036Aqa
- Dr. Tashni-Ann Dubroy, President, Shaw University: Building a Pipeline for Minority Students in STEM
- DeLisa Alexander, Executive Vice President and Chief People Officer, Red Hat: The Culture Paradox: Scaling What Makes You Grow
- Cindy Whitehead, former CEO of Sprout Pharma, CEO of The Pink Ceiling: Sex, Bias and a Billion Dollars
- Jason Hibbets, Senior Community Evangelist, Red Hat and opensource.com: Three models for Civic Hacking in an Open Source City
- Dave Rose, President and CEO, Deep South Entertainment: Simple Ways to Make Your City a Top 10 Music City
- Aly Khalifa, CEO and Founder, LYF Shoes; Director of Innovation and Co-Founder, Designbox LLC; Co-Founder, SPARKcon: A New Sustainable Product Design Paradigm
- Leah Burton, Director, Centennial Campus Partnerships and Industry Alliances, NC State University: The New Idea Lab: Universities and Tech R&D