While there is not a clear path to know how or when to reopen your business, visit your favorite restaurant, or meet-up with friends, we can help provide resources so you can make the best decision for you. The well-being of Wake County and the region is a top priority for the Raleigh Chamber and Wake County Economic Development. Below, you will find a few resources that will help you decide how and when to continue moving forward.
North Carolina Government
SlowCOVIDNC - Get Behind the Mask and Download SlowCOVIDNC. SlowCOVIDNC is the official COVID-19 Exposure Notification app for NC. It is: completely anonymous, operated through Bluetooth, and an easy way to protect your co-workers, your customers, and your community.
Learn more here.
What reopening phase is North Carolina in?
- Governor Cooper’s Phase 3
- Learn about the Three Phases of Governor Cooper’s Plan to Lift COVID-19 Restrictions
- N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services, the NC State Board of Education and the NC Dept. of Public Instruction: StrongSchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit (K-12)
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline: 866.462.3821
Raleigh Chamber COVID-19 Resources
If you are ready to reopen your business, we have collected resources to help you create a safe environment for you and your employees. Do you need to purchase PPE for your business? Are you looking for information about grants or support programs? Or perhaps you need cleaning and sanitization services? Check out the reopening site here.
Wake County Government
Visit the Wake County Gov COVID Resources: see here
- Wake County Gov COVID-19: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wake County Gov Public Health Hotline: 919-250-1500 (Multiple languages available)
- To donate cleaning and healthcare supplies: email email@example.com and 919-856-6946
Wake Forward Small Business Loan Program
- The Wake County Wake Forward program will provide loans to small businesses and sole proprietors that have lost revenue due to COVID-19. The small business loan program allocates $5 million in total to support small businesses in Wake County, with $1 million of that funding set aside for sole proprietor businesses. Businesses must be located in Wake County. To learn more about the program, you can watch this video and apply here.
There are multiple resources available to help find jobs, reskill, or seek new certifications to help you rejoin the workforce. We have updated our jobs website with COVID employment resources; you can learn more by visiting Work in the Triangle or see information below:
Work in the Triangle
- The COVID-19 resources page on the Work in the Triangle website features unemployment information, staffing firms to help you find employment, national and local organizations hiring across the Triangle, immediate job openings, and local business support.
- Looking for a job? Check out @WorkTriangle NC on Twitter.
Business Recovery & Reopening Resources
NC Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines for Conducting Business: see here
CDC & OSHA Guidelines
- Guidance for Business and Employers: see here
- Reopening Workplaces: decision tree from the Centers for Disease Control: see here
- Reopening Restaurants and Bars: decision tree from the Centers for Disease Control: see here
- Reopening Child Care: decision tree from the Centers for Disease Control: see here
- CDC Guidance for Smaller Businesses: see here
- Understanding OSHA Requirements
- Guidance for Preparing the Workplace for Coronavirus
Tourism and Hospitality Updates
General Business and Small Business Resources
- City of Raleigh Office of Economic Development + Innovation: see here
- City of Raleigh: see here
- US Chamber of Commerce: see here
- NC Department of Commerce: see here
- Downtown Raleigh Alliance: How to Stay Safe and Support Downtown Raleigh Businesses
- Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina: see here
- Innovate Raleigh Resources for Startups and Entrepreneurs: see here
- COVID-19 Guidance and Resources for Small & Medium Manufacturers: see here
- EDPNC Resource List for Businesses Pivoting to PPE Manufacturing: see here
- NC State Manufacturing COVID-19 Resources: see here
Wake County consists of 13 municipalities and is home to Wake County Public School system. For information about a specific municipality, see below.
Wake County Public School System
Local Colleges and Universities Reopening Plan
North Carolina State University: Preparing for Fall Semester
Duke University: Duke Guide to Returning to the Workplace & A Return to Campus
University of North Carolina: Carolina Together
Meredith College: Staying Strong
William Peace University: COVID 19 Information Center
Wake Tech Community College: Learn Well Fall 2020 Plan & Safety Guidelines & Protocols for the COVID-19 Pandemic
Shaw University: Keeping ShawU Safe
St. Augustine's University: Coronavirus Information
Campbell University: COVID-19 Updates
North Carolina Central University: COVID-19 Updates
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary: COVID-19 Updates
Barton College: The Return to Campus Plan
Durham Technical Community College: COVID-19 Response
EDA University Center at Fayetteville State University: Small Business & COVID-19 Recovery Training
- Apex COVID-19 Information
- Cary COVID-19 Information
- Fuquay-Varina COVID-19 Information
- Garner COVID-19 Information
- Holly Springs COVID-19 Information
- Knightdale COVID-19 Information
- Morrisville COVID-19 Information
- Raleigh COVID-19 Information
- Rolesville COVID-19 Information
- Wake Forest COVID-19 Information
- Wendell COVID-19 Information
- Zebulon COVID-19 Information
- RTP COVID-19 Information