Activate Good is on a mission to empower Triangle citizens to make an impact through remote volunteer opportunities during COVID-19.
Activate Good, a 501(c)3 organization, remains true to its mission of supporting local nonprofits and connecting volunteers during this time of uncertainty. In addition to numerous opportunities for those in good health to assist the elderly and other at-risk populations with daily needs, there are several remote volunteer opportunities available for those who are practicing social distancing but want to support nonprofits impacted by the pandemic.
Remote volunteer projects include:
- Making masks for medical professionals
- Create “Courage Cards” for patients at Duke and UNC Children's Hospitals, sponsored by Zach’s Toy Chest
- Help compile research on local causes for the Triangle Cause Wiki
- Create cardboard insulation baffles to be installed in homes for Chatham Habitat for Humanity
- Make kindness calls to seniors
An ongoing list of remote volunteer opportunities can be seen at https://activategood.org/covid19/.
To learn more about Activate Good, contact Lee Pike.